Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Happy Teachers Day


 Today is teachers day. I would like to acknowledge all the great teachers I have been forunate to have studied with.

This serves as a timely reminder for college applicants that you need to get teacher recommendations. Please pick teachers who know you well and can write something meaningful about you. Ideally the teacher should teach a subject related to your intended major.

 A good recommendation will focus on your abilities and interests and not grades. It helps if the teacher can write something involving a relevant anecdote to talk about your problem-solving skills. Do suggest this to your teacher
 Your personal rapport with the teacher should be a key factor.  A good recommendation will talk about your problem-solving ability and how you are able to work in groups.

 Even though I majored in computer science, my recommendation was written by my French teacher as it was a small class  and  I  we had a sense of mutual respect between us.




No comments:

Post a Comment